If Type III

                     IF-clause                                      Main clause

          Past Perfect                 would have + past participle          

මෙහි would යන පදය වෙනුවට could, might යන පදද යෙදිය හැක.

 

·       If you had studied for the test, you would have passed it.

ඔයා විභාගයට පාඩම් කරලා තිබුනා නම් ඔයා ඒක සමත් වෙන්න තිබුනා.

·       If you had asked me, I would have helped you.     

  ඔයා මගෙන් අහලා තිබුනා නම් මට ඔයාට උදව් කරන්න තිබුනා.

·       If we had gone to the school, we would have seen my friend Maalaka.

අපි පාසලට ගිහින් තිබුනා නම් මගේ යලුවා මාලකව බලාගන්න තිබුනා.

·       If you had spoken English, she would have understood.

ඔයා ඉංග්‍රීසි  කතා කරලා තිබුනා නම් ඇයට තේරුම් ගන්න තිබුනා.

·       If they had listened to me, we would have been home earlier.

ඔවුන් මට ඇහුම්කන් දීල තිබුනා නම් අපිට කලින් ගෙදර ඉන්න තිබුනා.

·       I would have written you a postcard if I had had your address.

මම  ගාව ඔයාගෙ ලිපිනය තිබිලා තිබුනා නම් මට ඔයාට පෝස්ට්කාඩ් එකක් ලියන්න තිබුනා.

·       If she had not taken the bus, she would not have arrived on time.

ඇය බස් එක අරන් තිබුනේ නැත්නම් ඇය වෙලාවට නොපැමිනෙන්න තිබුනා.

·       If you had asked me, I could have come

ඔයා මගෙන් අහලා තිබුනා  නම් මට අද එන්න තිබුනා.

·       If you had seen him you could have spoken to him

 ඔයා ඔහුව දැකලා තිබුනා නම් ඔහු සමග කතා කරන්න තිබුනා.

·       If you had invited me I might have come.

ඔයා මට ආරධනා කරලා තිබුනා නම් මම  සමහර විට එන්න තිබුනා.

PERFECT CONTINUOUS CONDITIONAL (If Type III)

 

       IF-clause                             Main clause

If + past perfect             Perfect continuous conditional       

 

 

·       If the weather had been better, I would have been sitting in the garden when he arrived

කාලගුණය වඩා හොදවෙලා තිබුනා නම් ඔහු එනකොට මට වත්තේ ඉදගෙන ඉන්න තිබුනා.

·       If she hadn't got a job in London she would have been working in Paris

ඇයට ලන්ඩන් වල ජොබ් එක ලැබිලා තිබුනේ නැත්නම් ඇය පැරිස් වල වැඩ කරමින් ඉන්න තිබුනා.

·       If I had had a ball I would have been playing football.

මට බෝලයක් තිබිලා තිබුනා නම් මම සෙල්ලම් කර කර ඉන්න තිබුනා.

·       If I had known it was dangerous, I wouldn't have been climbing that cliff.

මම දැනගෙන සිටියා නම් ඒක භයානකයි කියලා මම ඒ කඳු ප්‍රපාතය නගිමින් නැතුව ඉන්න තිබුනා.