Number Mistakes

 

·      You must have dialed the wrong number.

ඔයා වැරදි නොම්මරයක් ඩයල් කරලා විය යුතුයි.

 

·      Sorry, you must have the wrong number.

කනගාටුයි.ඔයා වැරදි නොම්මරයකට අරන් විය යුතුයි.

 

·       I’m afraid you’ve got the wrong number.

මට කනගාටුයි. ඔයා වැරදි නොම්මරයකට අරන් තියෙන්නේ.

 

·       I am afraid we don’t have Mr. Isuru here.

මට කනගාටුයි.මිස්ට ඉසුරු කියල කෙනෙක් මෙහේ නැහැ.

 

·       I’m sorry. There is nobody by that name.

මට කනගාටුයි.ඒ නමින් කවුරුත් නැහැ.

·       I am sorry, I’m afraid you’ve dialed the wrong number.

මට කනගාටුයි.ඔයා වැරදි නොම්මරයක් ඩයල් කරලා වගේ.

 

·       I am sorry. I think you’ve got the wrong number.

මට කනගාටුයි.මන් හිතන්නේ ඔයා වැරදි නොම්මරයකට අරන් තියෙන්නේ.

 

Taking a message

·       Varuna's not in. Who's this? (informal)

වරුන ඇතුලේ නැහැ.කව්ද මේ ?

 

·       Can I take a message?

·       Could I take a message?

මට පනිවිඩයක් ලබා ගන්න පුලුවන්ද?

 

·       Would you like to leave a message?

ඔයා පනිවිඩයක් තියන්න කැමතිද?

 

·       Can I give him a message?

මම ඔහුට පනිවිඩයක් දෙන්නද?

 

·     I'll make sure she gets the message.

එයාට පනිවිඩය යන්න මම වගබලාගන්නම්

 

·       I’ll tell him that you called.

·       I'll let him know you called.

මම ඔහුට කියන්නම් ඔයා කෝල් කලා කියලා.

 

·       I’ll ask him/her to call you as soon as possible.

මම ඔහුට කියන්නම් ඔයාට හැකි ඉක්මනින් කතා කරන්න කියලා.

 

Leaving a message with someone

 

·       Yes, can you tell him his wife called, please?

එයාගෙ බිරිද කතා කරා කියලා කියන්න පුලුවන්ද?

 

·       No, that's okay, I'll call back later.

කමක් නැහැ.මම පස්සේ කතා කරන්නම්.

 

·       Thanks; could you ask him to call Brian when he gets in?

ධනුල ආවම කතා කරන්න කියන්න පුලුවන්ද?


Confirming information

·       Okay, I've got it all down.

හරි මම සේරම ලියාගත්තා.

 

·       Let me repeat that just to make sure.

මම ආයෙ කියන්නම් හරිද බලන්න.

 

Finishing a conversation


·       Well, I guess I better get going. Talk to you soon.

මන් හිතන්නේ ගියා නම් හොදයි.ඉක්මනින් කතා කරන්නම්.

 

·       Thanks for calling. Bye for now.

කතා කලාට ස්තූතියි.

 

·       I have to let you go now.

ඔයාට යන්න දෙන්න වෙනවා.

 

·       I'll talk to you again soon. Bye.

ඉක්මනින් කතා කරන්නම්.

 

·       I’m off to a conference, okay, bye.

මම නවතිනවා.බායි.